This review contains 10 dissertations from the U.K.’s University College Northampton’s Masters in Lift Engineering program.
- The Effect of Building Sway on Lift Ropes and Cables
- Lift Car Ventilation and Passenger Well being
- Accidents in Search of Proximate Cause: An Inquiry of Contributory Factors in Escalator Accidents in the USA 1920 – 2001
- Can Elevator Monitoring Improve Maintenance Procedures
- Elevator Power Consumption: A Model for Office Buildings
- Lifts for Differently Abled People
- What is the Pay Back Period When Modernising a Lift System to a Variable Frequency Drive?
- The Influence of Variations in Friction on Safety Gear Performance
- An Evaluation of Firefighting and Evacuation Lifts: Exploring the Concept of Using Lifts to Escape Building Fire
- The Contribution of Safety Rules and Method Statements to the Management of Risk